Read each of the case studies located on the activities page in the 7.1 assignment and choose one of the case studies to complete the refusal sequence.
Using the refusal skills sequence, complete the case scenario by indicating how you would refuse to be involved in the situation. Include all eight steps of the refusal sequence, and use the format indicated below for each step. (List the step then the action)
1. What are they asking me to do and why?
They are asking me to participate in an activity that is illegal and against my personal values. (Double space after each answer.)
Case Study Number 1
1. What are they asking me to do and why? (13 points)
They are asking me to go for a ride with some questionable teens.
2. Label what they are asking you to do (i.e. illegal, dangerous, etc.). (13 points) They want me to go with them and do stuff that we shouldn't do
3. Determine the consequences if you get caught or if you participate in this activity. (13 points) I will probably get in trouble by my parents and get grounded and get my phone taken away.
4. Communicate my refusal. (13 points)
I'm sorry I can't come I have some stuff I have to do.
5. Say no. (12 points)
No I can't come.
6. Use "I" statements. (12 points)
I will have to go or my parents will wonder where I am.
7. Suggest an alternative. (12 points)
8. Leave the scene and avoid questionable places. (12 points) i am about to go this place is dangerous , and this is not where I should
Please join StudyMode to read the full document