5.1 Refusal Skills – Work File
Read each of the case studies located on the activities page in the 5.1 assignment and choose one of the case studies to complete the refusal sequence.
Using the refusal skills sequence, complete the case scenario by indicating how you would refuse to be involved in the situation. Include all eight steps of the refusal sequence, and use the format indicated below for each step.
(List the step then the action)
Answer the reflection question below the eight steps.
1. what are they asking me to do and why?
They are asking me to participate in an activity that is illegal and against my personal values. (Double space after each answer.)
Case Study Number: 3
1. What are they asking me to do and why? (10 points)
They are asking me to take participation in illegal activities because they want to help me relieve stress.
2. Label what they are asking you to do (i.e. illegal, dangerous, etc.). (10 points) They are asking me to smoke marijuana.
3. Determine the consequences if you get caught or if you participate in this activity. (10 points) The consequences of smoking marijuana and getting caught is going to jail or if caught smoking they would be arrested for carrying illegal drugs and hurting their bodies.
4. Communicate my refusal. (10 points)
I have to say no
5. Say no. (10 points)
No I’m fine
6. Use "I" statements. (10 points)
I do not smoke .
7. Suggest an alternative. (10 points)
Why don’t all of you join in a sport or go to the gym to relieve stress and other emotions?
8. Leave the scene and avoid questionable places. (10 points) No, I really have to go my sister is taking me to the doctors today. Personal Reflections
1. Explain how healthy behaviors and choices can positively affect your health status and how unhealthy behaviors and choices will negatively affect your health status. (10 points) Healthy behaviors and choices...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document