Consumer buying behavior is the decision processes and acts of people involved in buying and using products. Many factors influence consumer purchases. As mentioned earlier there are case studies that examine the actual cereal box design as a factor that influences consumer choice. The purpose of the current study is to determine what factors are involved in the choice of cereal as breakfast. As we consider that there are numerous elements that impact consumer’s choice of cereal; it is affordable, it is nutritious, it is easy to make, etc. For the purpose of the case, we will conduct separate surveys to determine the impact of each factor, if there is any. The first handled case study will evaluate the packaging influence on consumer’s choice. The hypothesis that we will based our case study on are as follows: H0: Cereal packaging design does not influence adult consumer buying decision. Ha: Cereal packaging design does influence adult consumer buying decision. Survey will be used as a measuring instrument to determine if the cereal packaging design is a factor the consumer considers important in choosing a particular cereal product. The survey will consist of ten questions and some of them are as follow: 1. How often do you eat breakfast?
2. What kind of breakfast do you normally eat?
Eggs and bacon
3. How often do you eat cereal for breakfast?
1-2 times a week
3-4 times a week
More than 5 times a week
4. If you prefer cereal for breakfast, why is it your first choice? Healthy
5. What influences the choice you make when buying your breakfast cereal? Affordability
6. Can the cereal package design influence your decision?
7. If you answer is yes in previous question, which characteristic matters the most? Color scheme of the box
Character displayed on the box
Please join StudyMode to read the full document