International Carpet Wholesalers
C. Sawyer-Lauçanno, Case Studies in International Management, Prentice Hall, 1987
Case 9: International Carpet Wholesalers
To acquaint students with a problem frequently present in dealing with developing countries, i.e. worker exploitation, and the response of developed countries to it.
Time and activities plan:
1. week 1
1. Read and study Background, Dialogue, Exhibits and Supporting materials of this case and scan for language and grammar problems. The purpose is to have you become familiar with the main aspects of the case. 2. Set up fact sheets or ordered notes which will contribute to more cogent discussions and will help to write the file more easily. 3. In your group discuss and answer the Questions I and II on pp. 113-114. Include the answers in your file. Add analysis of views and discussion process, if any. 4. Do Exercise I, II & III on pp. 114-117 and include them in your file.
2. week 2
1. Do Exercise IV on p. 117 and include it in your file. 2. Do Exercise VI on p. 118 and include it in your file.
3. week 3
1. Write a 500-word analysis of the case from the viewpoint of Hachad and McHenry.
For each of the group meetings in class (weeks 1-2) write a group file, including outcomes of discussions and brainstorming sessions, answers to questions and assignmens/tasks
• Group (names)
• Meeting (number)
• Answers to questions (include references to pages and numbers) • Tasks and assignments
• Outcome of discussions and brainstorming sessions (pay attention to correct use of language of fact and opinion)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document