A study of developing and training in Haagen-Dazs in China
This part focuses on the overview of the ice-cream industry, research rational and research questions which include what the strategy and tactic of Haagen-Dazs is in China, what issues the development of Haagen-Dazs is facing in China and what the future plan and development of Haagen-Dazs is in China. 1.2 Overview of the ice-cream industry
Chinese ice cream market is based on analyzing the resent years report on the ice cream industry, combining with the relationship of the ice cream industry between supply and demand variation according to the domestic market, taking into account the global market environment, through the thorough investigation and research on the ice cream industry enterprise groups. Meanwhile, the analysis report of the Chinese ice cream market for the characteristics of the ice cream industry and its downstream industries from different angles cut into the industry, and ice cream industries and enterprises put forward to the powerful data support and professional level of market-oriented. 1.3 Research rational
Ice-cream as a ready-to-eat food is popular for everyone in China, especially be loved by young people. In 1996, Haagen-Dazs first came into Chinese ice-cream market in shanghai Nanjing road, till now, about 16 years (China business review, 2004). Haagen-Dazs’s price than ordinary ice-cream 5-10 times. It has been reached the top of this area. The brand means romantic and fashionable in china. But, in the future, how Haagen-Dazs maintain the position and the reputation in this market? The market demand is always changing, and the company must develop to adapt the changing. The development and training is a key point to a company. The people are the most important part in the company. What people suit for work in Haagen-Dazs? In the future, should Haagen-Dazs put core in market development or food innovation? These are all my interested. So I want to investigate this topic, and to know the trend about this company. 1.4 Research questions
1. What is the strategy and tactic of Haagen-Dazs in China? From this we can know the long term and short term strategy about Haagen-Dazs. Strategies can tell us what to do and what not to do. Reconnecting with strategy, can help manager know which of our food or service are the most distinctive, which of the activities in our value chain are the most effective and which of our customer are the most satisfied. 2. What issues is the development of Haagen-Dazs facing in China? If Haagen-Dazs can adapt to these changes very well, I purpose the promise of this company will keep the position of ice-cream market in china. The step of technologies change is greater than before. Haagen-Dazs should invent new flavors of ice-cream constantly to play up to customers’ taste. Work structure and social attitude always change as well. Focus on it, the company can adapt, grow and develop well. 3. What is the future plan and development of Haagen-Dazs in China Knowing above elements, then to learn the planning and development may be easier. The planning determines what to do in the future. So, the development of Haagen-Dazs depends on the planning. 2. Research methodology
In this part, the research structure will be introduced as well as Case study as the scientific method and research limitations. 2.1 Overall research structure
Based on the above research questions, my thesis has four parts: in part one, research background, purpose of the study, study issues of the thesis will be presented in detail. In part two, the research methodology will be discussed, including overall research structure, case study as the scientific method and research limitation. In part three, according to study purpose, the main issues will be analyzed, which includes what the strategy and tactic of Haagen-Dazs is in China, what issues the development of Haagen-Dazs is facing in China and what the future...
References: 1. Haagen-Dazs in China, China business review, 2004
5. Katou, A.A. and Budhwar. 2007, The effect of human resource management policies on organizational performance in Greek manufacturing firms.
6. Raymond J. Stone, 2011, Huamn resource management, seventh edition, John Wile & Sons Australia Ltd, p363
10. Haagen-Dazs it is girl’s time, campaign(UK), 2011
16. Robert K. Yin. (2009)Case Study Research: Design and Methods. Fourth Edition. SAGE Publications.
18. Bent Flyvbjerg, (2006) "Five Misunderstandings About Case Study Research." Qualitative Inquiry, vol. 12, no. 2, April, pp. 219-245.
19. Bent Flyvbjerg, (2011)"Case Study," in Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln, eds., The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research, 4th Edition (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage), pp. 301-316.
20. Yin, R. K. Case Study Research: design and methods. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 1994.
21. Eisenhardt, K. M (1989), Building Theory From Case Study Academy of Management Review, , vol. 14, no. 4: 532- 550.
22. Rosenbloom R.S., Leadership, Capabilities, and Technological Change: The Transformation of NCR in The Electronic Era. Strategic Management Journal, 2000, vol.21, no. 10-11: 1083-1103.
23. Afuah, A., How Much Do Your Co-opetitors’ Capabilities Matter in the Face of Technological Change?. Strategic Management Journal, 2000, vol.21, no.3: 387-404.
24. Johnston, W. J., Leach, M. P. &Liu, A. H. (1999).Theory testing using case studies in business-to-business research. Industrial Marketing Management, Vol (28), 201 -213.
25. Heffernan, C. 2001. "The Irish media and the lack of public debate on new reproductive technologies (NRTs) in Ireland", Health,5(3):355. From http://hea.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/5/3/355
27. Party sugar (March 0, 2010). “Ben and Jerry 's vs. Haagen-Dazs: A Pint-Sized Battle".
29. Angre, Ketki; Sharma, Manu (December 17, 2009). "Haagen-Dazs ad offends Delhi". NDTV.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document